Frequently asked questions
HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
You can book an appointment by using our booking link: https://elysiumbeautypaisley.book.app/
WHY CAN I NOT SEE ANY APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE?
We're most likely fully booked, you can try calling us direct on 01505 228 415 or adding yourself to our digital waitlist on our booking link: https://elysiumbeautypaisley.book.app/
THE SYSTEM WILL NOT LET YOU BOOK FURTHER THAN THREE MONTHS IN ADVANCE?
After a lot of careful consideration, we decided that limiting our diary was the best way to ensure that bookings for regular clients and new clients remained fair for you and our staff.
Previously, you could book an appointment for 6 months ahead but it meant that our super-hardworking & talented therapists had appointments booked in before they'd even booked their annual leave, which could sometimes lead to a lot of reshuffling.
We want to support our team as much as possible AND make sure the appointment you book is the one you get, having a closed diary is the only way we can do this.
HOW DO I BUILD LOYALTY POINTS?
- The Loyalty Points issued by Elysium Beauty, remains the property of Elysium Beauty, which reserves the right to withdraw the points at any time.
- Elysium Beauty reserves the right to alter or amend the conditions of operation of the scheme at any time without notice.
- The Loyalty Points will be issued to the name of the booking recipient.
- 5 points per £1 spend, 100 points = £1.00. Points can only be used in £5.00 amounts (with a max of £20.00 at any one appointment).
- Loyalty Points are not recieved on product purchases, only treatment services.
- Loyalty Points may only be used on nail and beauty services.
- A participant may
not redeem stamps for cash.
- If a participant obtains a refund on goods or services purchased in whole or in part by redeeming points, then all or part of the refund may be given by re-awarding the participant the stamps which they used.
Any written statements made by us, regarding the Loyalty Scheme, form part of these terms and conditions.
- We may amend or terminate the Loyalty Scheme or amend any of these terms and conditions (including the value of points), at any time.
- We will use our reasonable endeavour to notify participants one month before termination or amendment (although we have no obligation to do so) by one of the following methods telephone/text/email. Earning or redeeming points will constitute acceptance of the new terms and conditions.
- If we sell or transfer the Loyalty Scheme to another company we may transfer all of our rights and obligations under these Rules without any further consent.
- We may, at our sole discretion, refuse to issue Loyalty Points and may withdraw Loyalty Points from a participant at any time. We may, at our sole discretion remove any or all participants from the Loyalty Scheme at any time.
- Massage cuticle oil and hand moisturiser in every day. This will nourish the root of the natural nail allowing it to produce stronger, more flexible and non-flaky natural nails & keep the product on them from going brittle. You can purchase Elysium Beauty Cuticle Oils in the salon.
- Nails are jewels not tools! Gel & Acrylic are great for strengthening your nails but they will not make them indestructible. Take as much care as you would with your natural nails, and beware when it comes to ring pulls and car doors!
- Your acrylic nails will continue to polymerise for 24 hours and will only be fully set after this time period, please be gentle with them and avoid soaking them in water or any strenuous activity.
- Do not soak hands in water for long periods of time. This will cause lifting & take care around extreme heat or naked flames as nail extensions may melt.
- We advise you leave no longer than 2-3 weeks between appointments, nails will become weaker as the product grows out and will start to lift and break after this time due to wear & tear and incorrect structure. Do not miss your regular maintenance appointments to ensure your nails stay looking at their best.
- Do not pick or peel product from your nails as this will remove the upper layer of your natural nails and cause damage, which can sometime be painful and leave them very thin. Avoid home repairs or removals - you could cause a lot more damage than you realise. Book in with one of our nail technicians to keep your natural nails in good shape.If lifting can be seen please contact us as water and dirt can get under it and cause an infection.
- If any adverse reaction occurs: rash, redness, inflammation of any kind around the nails please contact your GP immediately.
- Dyes/tints in food, beauty & hair products cause discolouration. Wear gloves or clean nails after use and be careful when using suntan oils/repellents as some formulations can cause damage to gel polish.
- Avoid drying chemicals like alcohol or bleach in beauty & cleaning products. Use protective gloves for housework, gardening DIY etc as household chemicals will strip natural nails and skin of natural oils, thus, affecting it's look and condition.
EYE ENHANCEMENT AFTERCARE
- Our LVL Lash Lift is a low maintenance treatment meaning you don’t need to return to the salon, so soon after your treatment. However we do recommend using our Nouveau Lashes Lash & Brow Conditioning Serum at home to help nourish and strengthen lashes and keep them looking healthy. Ultimately, this means you can enjoy the effects of your LVL treatment for longer.
- To keep your lashes looking dark, return to the salon after 4 weeks to top up your tint.
- For the first 24 hours after your treatment it’s important not to allow water to come in to contact with your lashes.
- For 48 hours afterwards do not steam your face, use a steam bath, swim or wash your face with hot water.
- Do not use waterproof mascara, only use a water-based mascara. We stock Nouveau Lashes Extend Mascara.
- Use an oil free make-up remover if mascara is worn (REMEMBER! Only use a water-based mascara). Pick up your Nouveau Lash & Lid Foaming Cleanser in salon.
- Don’t rub your eyes when washing your face – always pat the lashes dry after cleansing.
- Ensure lashes are not manipulated into different positions (e.g. when sleeping, cleansing the face, applying moisturiser or cosmetics). Use lash spoolie daily.
- Following your Extend Lash Extensions treatment, we recommend professional top-up treatments every 2-3 weeks. By doing that your lash extensions could actually last up to 2 months.
- Why every few weeks? Your natural lashes have a lifecycle of around 90 days, and are constantly shedding, which will cause your lash extensions to naturally fall off also. The maintenance procedure simply adds extra individual extensions to those places where your natural lashes have completed their lifecycle – keeping your stunning new look in tip-top condition.
- For the first 48 hours after any Lash Extensions Treatment, it’s important not to allow water to come in to contact with your lashes.
- For 48 hours afterwards do not steam your face, use a steam bath, swim or wash your face with hot water
- Do not use waterproof mascara! Try not to use any mascar of extensions, but if you do, use a water-soluble mascara (available in salon).
- Use an oil free make-up remover if mascara is worn (only use a water-based mascara). Nouveau Lash & Lid foaming Cleanser available in salon.
- Do not attempt to perm or use lash curlers on Nouveau Lash Extensions.
- Don’t rub your eyes when washing your face – always pat the lashes dry after cleansing.
- Ensure lashes are not manipulated into different positions (e.g. when sleeping, cleansing the face, applying moisturiser or cosmetics)
- Ready to remove your lashes? You can now remove your eyelash extensions at home with our Lash Extension Remover.
Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 24 - 48 hours.
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs, massage or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sun beds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
To soothe and protect the skin, apply an antiseptic cream to the waxed area regularly for 3 days following your treatment.
- Always wash your hands before applying any product
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
- To prevent ingrown hairs: starting a few days after your appointment and then continuing a couple of times every week, exfoliate the areas you get waxed using a dry brush or exfoliating mitt.
- At Elysium, we recommened purchasing Ruff Stuff Scrub in salon. Don’t exfoliate too much or too rough as this can graze the skin and cause ingrown hairs.
- Moisturise every day to keep the skin supple and help new hairs to grow through normally.
- You will need at least 3-4 weeks growth of hair before it can be successfully removed by waxing; Please do not shave between your appointments.
- To maintain your smooth appearance, we recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks
SPRAY TAN AFTERCARE
By following these instructions you should get the best results possible.
1. Exfoliate, the evening before or morning of your treatment, exfoliate your entire body. We recommend using
Ruff Stuff Scrub, which is available to purchase in salon.
2. Hair removal should be done 24 hours prior to your spray tan as this will ensure all of your pores are closed otherwise the pores may become blotchy.
3. Don’t wear any deodorant, make-up, perfumes or moisturiser before a spray tan. Many deodorants will act as a barrier and stop the spray tanning solution going through and can also turn your tan
4. Wear loose-fitting clothing to your spray tan appointment. The spray tan needs to “set” and this takes about an hour, therefore best to wear loose dark clothing and flip flops minimising amount of tan rubbing off or stain any clothing. In particular avoid wool, lycra, nylon, spandex and silk as this will stain and may transfer to clothes and/or sheets during the first 6-8 hours after being sprayed.
Leave your tan for at least 6-8 hours or overnight if possible before showering or taking a bath. This allows your tan to develop.
1. Avoid using moisturisers or applying deodorants.
2. Avoid wearing tight clothing for at least 6 hours.
3. All swimming, showering and vigorous exercise must be avoided for at least 24 hours as this can inhibit the development of your tan.
4. Don’t use any form of hair removal until 24 hours after your treatment. (REMEMBER! When you take a shower or a bath you will probably see some colour wash off. Don’t worry this is normal).
MASSAGE & FACIAL AFTERCARE
Following a treatment, it is highly advisable to allow your body to respond to the effects of a massage in order to achieve the best results.
- Drink plenty of water before and after a treatment. This ensure that your body is hydrated and body work can be more effective. Post treatment, this will help the lymph and circulatory system to remove waste products from your body.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid sunbeds and artificial UV lights.
- Do not have a hot bath following a massage.
- Avoid exercise for 12 hours.
Sometimes people may experience the following effects after a massage. These are sometimes referred to as a 'contra-actions', as your body readjusts.
- Headaches. It is important to make sure you keep hydrated during this time.
- Flu/cold like symptoms. These will pass, it is your body's reaction to the flushing out of toxins/metabolic waste.
- A sense of elation/hyperactivity - this is your body’s reaction to nerve senses being activated by the massage.
- Increased urination. This will be due to toxins/metabolic waste being flushed out, along the increase in your intake of water.
Please read the advice below relevant to your treatment(s).
- Avoid wearing make-up for at least 6 hours after a facial treatment
- Always cleanse, tone and moisturise your face; to prevent loss of moisture, protect the skin from make-up and to keep the skin soft and supple
- Always remove all traces of make-up at the end of the day
- Drink plenty of water (recommended 2-3 litres per day)
- Do not undertake any other facial skincare treatments within 48 hours of facial
- Avoid sun-bathing for up to 12 hours
- Avoid direct heat (intense sunlight & sunbeds) and indirect heat (sauna, hot bath, shower) for 48 hours after treatment
- Do not apply perfumed products to the treated area within 48 hours
- Do not use any exfoliating skincare products for 72 hours after facial
DERMAPLANNING - SKIN PEELS - LED LIGHT THERAPY
- Avoid the use of saunas or steam rooms and don’t engage in any strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid using any products on your face which contain exfoliating ingredients for 24 hours to avoid irritating your skin any further
- Do not wear any makeup for 24 hours
- Do not book in any other facial treatments until 2 weeks after.
Follow a very simple skincare routine for 2 weeks post-treatment.
- Cleanse your skin gently using water only or a very mild cleanser
- Moisturise your freshly exfoliated skin regularly to rehydrate it. (using products containing hyaluronic acid, vitamin C and retinol are particularly effective post dermaplaning treatment)
- Do not rub your skin dry, instead pat it gently. Avoid using a washcloth and just use hands.
- Avoid the use of any harsh cleaning products
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 2 weeks post-treatment and then use a high factor sunscreen (SPF 30+) to protect your delicate facial skin
CANCELLATIONS, LATENESS & NO-SHOW POLICY
We cannot guarantee the service that has been booked to anyone who is over 10 minutes late and, in some instances, may not be able to honour the appointment at all, although we will try our best to fit you in. Please call us as soon as you know you will be late so we can do our very best to accommodate you.
Your service will be subject to change; if you forfeit your appointment because of your late arrival, then you'll be charged 100% fee.
We operate a 48hour cancellation policy. Once you recieve your reminder email; this is when you have to contact us directly by calling 01505 228 415 during our opening hours, or emailing direct to firstname.lastname@example.org if it is outwith our working hours (e.g. Sunday-Monday when we are closed). If we are not given 48hrs notice, you will be charged
If you "No-Show", with no contact, you will be charged 100% of Pre-Booked Appointment Cost. Repeat Offenders; if you have no-showed more than twice then you will be charged 100% of pre-booked appointment cost, pre-pay all future appointments and receive a 3 month online booking ban.